Our corporate and M&A team is generally recognised as one of the leading practices in Belgium. We provide our clients with a wide range of assistance, including in relation to M&A, capital markets transactions, general corporate law advice, restructurings and corporate litigation in both domestic and cross-border contexts.
We can offer expert guidance on all corporate law issues that an organisation may encounter during its lifetime, both contentious and non-contentious.
Your contacts in Corporate and M&A
In their everyday work, the team members naturally draw on the expertise of specialists in our other practice areas, including tax, employment and pensions, competition, real estate, environment, Intellectual property, insurance and commercial law.
We frequently work side by side with leading law firms from other jurisdictions across the globe, and we have a proven track record in delivering a seamless work product in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our approach focuses on providing value-creating solutions for our clients' business needs, taking into account the latest developments in both legislation and applicable market practice. We deliver services to international quality standards while maintaining price levels in line with the domestic market.
Some of our references
M&A and private equity
- Assisting the shareholders with the sale of the Asco Group to Montana Aerospace (2021-2022).
- Assisting The Adecco Group with the acquisition of approximately 60% of the shares in Akka Technologies from the Ricci family and Swilux which will be followed by a mandatory public takeover bid and subsequent squeeze-out (2022).
- Assisting BNP Paribas Fortis Private Equity with its investment in Hannecard (2022).
- Assisting the Sports and Leisure Group and its management with the sale and reinvestment by management of Sports and Leisure Group (2021).
- Assisting Middleby Worldwide Inc. with the acquisition of Novy Invest in the framework of an auction process (2021).
- Assisting Koiba with the buy-out of minority shareholders ING and Sofindev (2021).
- Assisting Fortress Investment Group with its USD 32.5 million equity investment in Celyad Oncology (2021)
- Assisting Damier Group with the acquisition of Dr. Organic (2021).
- Assisting Robur Capital with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Bockstael group (2022).
- Assisting the sellers in connection with the sale of Sofics to Creafund and the reinvestment by the sellers in the acquisition vehicle (2021).
- Assisting the Damier Group with the acquisition of Cooper Consumer Healthcare in partnership with CVC (2021).
- Assisting Belden Inc. with the acquisition of OTN Systems (2021).
- Assisting 3D and House of Thor in connection with the voluntary and conditional public takeover bid for the shares of Zenitel (2020-2021).
- Assisting BNP Paribas Fortis Private Equity Belgium in connection with its investment in Stellar (Het Poetsbureau) (2021).
- Assisting OM Partners with the sale of 20.01% of the shares to Ackermans & Van Haaren (2020).
- Assisting the Fixatti group with the sale of all shares to Bostik-Arkema (2020).
- Assisting SFPI-FPIM and Sabena Aerospace with the acquisition of SABCA from Dassault Group (and subsequent public squeeze-out) (2020).
- Assisting Calliditas Therapeutics in connection with the acquisition of 62.7% of Genkyotex, followed by a mandatory public takeover bid and subsequent squeeze-out (2020-2021).
- Assisting KeBek III with the acquisition of a majority stake (together with Algimo) in HSG (2020).
- Assisting Investindustrial Group Holdings with the acquisition of CSM Bakery Solutions Europe Holding and CSM Bakery Solutions (2020).
Venture capital and growth capital
- Assisting the European Innovation Council Fund with investments in 39 companies across 10 jurisdictions (2021-2022).
- Assisting Rejuveron Life Sciences AG Vesalius Biocapital III S.C.A. SICAR in the EUR 15 million series B financing round of Rejuvenate Biomed (2021).
- Assisting LSP Hef 2 in the EUR 12 million series A financing round of Nobi (2022).
- Assisting skeyes on the entry of Brussels Airport Company into the share capital of SkeyDrone (2021).
- Assisting Koiba with its investments in the series A financing rounds of Cyborn and Bullswap (2021-2022).
- Assisting MoveUp with its series A financing round (2021).
- Assisting Crédit Mutuel Innovation and Debiopharm Innovation Fund in connection with the investment in Oncomfort (2020).
- Assisting Magnax with its EUR 16 million series A financing (2020).
- Assisting Finocas (a joint venture between the Flemish Region and ArcelorMittal) with a capital increase, renegotiation of a shareholders’ agreement and negotiation of a loan agreement with a view to substantially reducing the CO2 emissions of the steel production in Ghent (2021).
- Assisting the Fedrus group with international intra-group restructurings (including cross-border mergers) and the setting up of a proxy plan for the representation of the various group companies (2020-2021).
- Assisting Leasinvest Real Estate with its restructuring into a mixed listed real estate player, which consisted, amongst other things, of (i) renunciation of its BE-REIT-status, and (ii) a business combination with the real estate developer Extensa Group by way of a contribution in kind (2021).
- Assisting ION with the creation of ION Residential Platform, a EUR 168 million joint venture between ION, Bouwinvest Real Estate Investors and CBRE Global Investment Partners (acting for one of its clients), the first unlisted institutional housing platform in Belgium, with a focus on sustainable and affordable residential real estate in large Belgian urban areas (2021).
- Assisting V-Bio Ventures with the launch of its EUR 78 million V-Bio Fund 2 (2021).
- Assisting several social security institutions from different EU member states (including RIZIV in Belgium) with the establishment and governance of an international not-for-profit vehicle for the development of a joint “horizon scanning” system (2020).
- Assisting NMBS with the incorporation of a project company Wetenschapspark Leuven Noord, together with the city of Leuven and KU Leuven (2020).