Our Corporate and M&A team is generally recognised as one of the leading practices in Belgium. We provide our clients with a wide range of assistance, including in relation to M&A, capital markets transactions, general corporate law advice, restructurings and corporate litigation in both domestic and cross-border contexts.
We can offer expert guidance on all corporate law issues that an organisation may encounter during its lifetime, both contentious and non-contentious.
Your contacts in Corporate and M&A
In their everyday work, the team members naturally draw on the expertise of specialists in our other practice areas, including tax, employment and pensions, competition, real estate, environment, intellectual property, insurance and all (other) areas of corporate law.
We frequently work side by side with leading law firms from other jurisdictions across the globe, and we have a proven track record in delivering a seamless work product in a timely and cost-effective manner. Our approach focuses on providing value-creating solutions for our clients’ business needs, taking into account the latest developments in both legislation and applicable market practice. We deliver services to international quality standards while maintaining price levels in line with the domestic market.
M&A and private equity
Some of our references:
- Assisting Clarebout Potatoes with its acquisition of Mydibel (2022-2023).
- Assisting Minds & More in connection with its merger with the Schelstraete Delacourt group and the reinvestment by its shareholders in the new structure (2023).
- Assisting Aptean with the acquisition of the Drink-IT business (Food & Beverage ERP software) of the NORRIQ group (2023).
- Assisting Dovesco and its management with the sale of the Glass Invest group and the reinvestment by the different sellers and their management (2023).
- Assisting the Trustteam group and its management with the sale to Rivean Capital (formerly known as Gilde Buy Out Partners) and the reinvestment by the management of the Trustteam group (2022).
- Assisting the Baijot family with the sale of 55% of the shares in the Maisons Baijot group to Bassac (listed on Euronext Paris) (2022).
- Assisting the shareholders with the sale of the Asco Group to Montana Aerospace (2021-2022).
- Assisting Dovesco and other shareholders with the sale of a majority stake in LS Bedding to a portfolio company of Waterland Germany (2022).
- Assisting The Adecco Group with the acquisition of the shares in Akka Technologies from, among others, the Ricci family and Swilux (2022).
- Assisting the shareholders with the sale of Coeman Packaging to Creafund (2022).
- Assisting AG Insurance / AG Real Estate with the acquisition of Anima Care (2022).
- Assisting BNP Paribas Fortis Private Equity with its investment in Hannecard (2022).
- Assisting the shareholders of Ragolle Rugs with the sale to British Victoria group (2022).
- Assisting Alter Pharma with the acquisition of EcoPharmaSupply (2022).
- Assisting the Sports and Leisure Group and its management with the sale and reinvestment by management of Sports and Leisure Group (2021).
- Assisting Middleby Worldwide Inc. with the acquisition of Novy Invest in the framework of an auction process (2021).
- Assisting Koiba with the buy-out of minority shareholders ING and Sofindev (2021).
- Assisting Fortress Investment Group with its USD 32.5 million equity investment in Celyad Oncology (2021)
- Assisting Damier Group with the acquisition of Dr. Organic (2021).
- Assisting Robur Capital with the acquisition of a majority stake in the Bockstael group (2022).
- Assisting the sellers in connection with the sale of Sofics to Creafund and the reinvestment by the sellers in the acquisition vehicle (2021).
- Assisting the Damier Group with the acquisition of Cooper Consumer Healthcare in partnership with CVC (2021).
- Assisting Belden Inc. with the acquisition of OTN Systems (2021).
- Assisting 3D and House of Thor in connection with the voluntary and conditional public takeover bid for the shares of Zenitel (2020-2021).
- Assisting BNP Paribas Fortis Private Equity Belgium in connection with its investment in Stellar (Het Poetsbureau) (2021).
- Assisting OM Partners and shareholders with the sale of 20.01% of the shares to Ackermans & Van Haaren (2020).
- Assisting the Fixatti group with the sale of all shares to Bostik-Arkema (2020).
- Assisting SFPI-FPIM and Sabena Aerospace with the acquisition of SABCA from Dassault Group (and the subsequent public squeeze-out) (2020).
- Assisting Calliditas Therapeutics in connection with the acquisition of 62.7% of Genkyotex, followed by a mandatory public takeover bid and subsequent squeeze-out (2020-2021).
- Assisting KeBek III with the acquisition of a majority stake (together with Algimo) in HSG (2020).
- Assisting Investindustrial Group Holdings with the acquisition of CSM Bakery Solutions Europe Holding and CSM Bakery Solutions (2020).
Venture capital and growth capital
Some of our references
- Assisting DSM Venturing, Planet A Ventures and GIMV in connection with their Series A investment in Paleo BV (2023).
- Assisting Magnax in its successful Series A Extension financing round (2022).
- Continually assisting the European Innovation Council Fund with investments in 39 companies across 10 jurisdictions (since 2021).
- Assisting Rejuveron Life Sciences AG Vesalius Biocapital III S.C.A. SICAR in the EUR 15 million series B financing round of Rejuvenate Biomed (2021).
- Assisting LSP Hef 2 in the EUR 12 million series A financing round of Nobi (2022).
- Assisting skeyes in connection with the entry of Brussels Airport Company into the share capital of SkeyDrone (2021).
- Assisting Koiba with its investments in the series A financing rounds of Cyborn and Bullswap (2021-2022).
- Assisting MoveUp with its series A financing round (2021).
- Assisting Crédit Mutuel Innovation and Debiopharm Innovation Fund in connection with the investment in Oncomfort (2020)
- Assisting Magnax with its EUR 16 million series A financing (2020).
Some of our references:
- Assisting the What’s-Cooking? group (formerly known as Ter Beke) in implementing the change of name of all group companies (2023).
- Assistance to a company listed outside the EU in preparing a share buyback (2022-2023).
- Assistance to majority and minority shareholders of various companies in the (re)negotiation of their shareholder agreements.
- Assistance to various companies in the preparation and adaptation of their corporate governance charter and internal regulations.
- Assistance to the Pandox group in various intragroup restructurings (silent mergers; mergers by acquisition; partial de-mergers) involving the transfer or non-transfer of hotels and other real estate (2019-2023).
- Assisting the Fedrus group with international intra-group restructurings (including cross-border mergers) and the setting up of a proxy plan for the representation of the various group companies (2020-2023).
- Assisting Finocas (a joint venture between the Flemish Region and ArcelorMittal) with a capital increase, renegotiation of a shareholders’ agreement and negotiation of a loan agreement with a view to substantially reducing the CO2 emissions of the steel production in Ghent (2021).
- Assisting Leasinvest Real Estate with its restructuring into a mixed listed real estate player, which consisted, amongst other things, of (i) renunciation of its BE-REIT-status, and (ii) a business combination with the real estate developer Extensa Group by way of a contribution in kind (2021).
- Assisting ION with the creation of ION Residential Platform, a EUR 168 million joint venture between ION, Bouwinvest Real Estate Investors and CBRE Global Investment Partners (acting for one of its clients), the first unlisted institutional housing platform in Belgium, with a focus on sustainable and affordable residential real estate in large Belgian urban areas (2021).
- Assisting V-Bio Ventures with the launch of its EUR 78 million V-Bio Fund 2 (2021).
- Assisting several social security institutions from different EU member states (including RIZIV in Belgium) with the establishment and governance of an international not-for-profit vehicle for the development of a joint “horizon scanning” system (2020).
- Assisting NMBS/SNCB with the incorporation of a project company Wetenschapspark Leuven Noord, together with the city of Leuven and KU Leuven (2020).