Eubelius is Belgium's largest independent law firm, with offices in Brussels, Kortrijk and Antwerp. Our 21 partners, 15 (senior) counsels and almost 100 associates offer counselling and representation on Belgian and European law.
We have privileged working relationships with outstanding independent law firms in many foreign jurisdictions. Although we are an independent Belgian firm, a significant proportion of our work is cross-border (both inbound and outbound). We serve a very diverse client base, ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to local entrepreneurs, a large number of companies with public law status, and numerous Belgian companies which are part of large international groups. We represent all Belgian language communities and handle matters in English, Dutch, French and German.
Origins & mission
Our firm was established in 1994 and has grown considerably over the years. Today, Eubelius is a recognised leader in all areas of Belgian and European Union business law. We focus on top level multidisciplinary solutions for the complex legal needs of our clients. Committed to offering truly integrated solutions, clients benefit from a unique business model whereby neither partners nor associates are evaluated on the basis of financial KPI’s. Striving for excellence, high partner involvement, team spirit, and working pleasure in an inspiring environment are our main drivers.
Diverse client base
Among our clients we count not only large multinationals and Belgian companies, but also numerous companies with public law status, not-for-profit organisations, as well as local entrepreneurs, family businesses and private individuals.
We also regularly advise and assist a broad range of public authorities and public agencies, both national and international, including the Belgian State, the various Regions and Communities within Belgium as well as local municipalities, each with their various organisational forms, dependent agencies and co-operational structures. Eubelius is often involved in legislative work.
We have in-depth understanding of the characteristics and needs of a wide range of industry sectors. These industries often operate within specific regulatory environments. We can offer our clients assistance and advice on regulatory matters, and we have extensive experience with the respective competent supervisory authorities.
Below a selection of quotes of the past years from these international market analyses:
- "Timely responses and good management of priorities" (Chambers Europe 2017)
- "We are happy to have one firm on top of all our finance contracts" (Chambers Europe 2017)
- "They are specialised and have wide experience and knowledge in finance. They know what the martket standards in Belgium are" (Chambers Europe 2017)
- "They have a very good team and we were very satisfied with the outcome of our case" (Chambers Europe 2017)
- "It makes a dynamic team. From a responsiveness point of view, they're very good" (Chambers Europe 2017)
- "You can always count on them to get the job done when the chips are down" (Chambers Europe 2017)
- "Eubelius continues to impress in the Belgian market, ranking as one of the strongest non-global firms active in Brussels" (IFLR 2017)