Eubelius has a full-scope banking and finance practice, providing comprehensive assistance in financial transactions and regulatory matters, including:
- financial, banking and debt capital markets transactions, such as (cross-border) syndicated financing, real estate financing, project financing (including PPP projects), debt restructuring and public and private placement of bonds and notes (including US private placements);
- sustainable financing products (sustainability-linked loans, green and social loans and bonds);
- financial services and regulatory matters, ranging from advice to financial institutions, licensing, passporting, capital requirements, resolutions of financial institutions, MiFID II, collective investment schemes (UCITS, AIFM, …), payment services (PSD II),…; and
- assistance in financial litigation and in contacts with supervising authorities.
We act on all sides of a deal, for both borrowers and lenders and provide advice to a broad range of Belgian and foreign companies as well as financial and insurance institutions.
Your contacts in Banking & finance
Some of our references
- Assistance in respect of various (convertible) bond issues, both public and private, as well as subsequent admission to trading on regulated markets and EMTN programmes, including an increasing number of green and sustainable bonds.
- Assistance to the Belgian State (Belgian Debt Agency) in the update of the terms and conditions of its OLO (linear bonds) programme, as well as in a bond splitting and listing on the Euro MTF market.
- Assistance to a group of companies in the financial restructuring of non-performing loans in excess of EUR 1 billion.
- Assistance to a multinational in the FMCG sector with a EUR 1 billion sustainable bond issue.
- Assistance to a BEL 20 company and major BE-REIT in relation to a syndicated green credit facility for an amount of EUR 440 million, as well as a sustainable bond issuance for an amount of EUR 500 million.
- Assistance to the borrower in a solar panels-linked sustainable project financing for an amount in excess of EUR 100 million.
- Assistance to foreign financial institutions and companies in relation to their Belgian (real estate, project and other) financings.
- Assistance to a non-EU borrower with the structuring and drafting of a multi-billion euro Belgian security package.
- Assistance in respect of various project finance agreements, including in the energy sector and the construction of school buildings.
- Assistance to an important Belgian insurance company in relation to the Solvency II prudential rules and the powers of the supervisory authority in case of non-compliance.
- Assistance to a EU credit institution in relation to discussions with the Single Resolution Board (SRB) concerning the amendment of a resolution plan at group level.
- Assistance to a EU credit institution in relation to discussions with the SRB and national resolution authorities concerning the contribution to the Single Resolution Fund.
- Acting for a global custodian bank in relation to regulatory status and custody arrangements.
- Assistance to a Belgian banking group in relation to resolution planning and MREL and capital requirements.
- Assistance to payment service providers and payment systems in PSD2 matters, including assistance to a joint venture in relation to the application for a payment service provider licence.
- Assistance to investment and brokerage firms in MiFID II matters.
- Regulatory assistance to an international insurance group in connection with a cross-border merger.
- Contractual and regulatory assistance to insurance undertakings on insurance portfolio transfer.
- Assistance to various national and international asset managers with structuring, (cross border) marketing and regulatory advice in relation to investment funds.
- General regulatory assistance (fit and proper test, remuneration, external functions, etc.) to board members and the board of directors of a major Belgian credit institution.