Clients come to us for expert advice across the entire spectrum of corporate work, including public and private offerings, public takeovers and public-to-private transactions, complex joint ventures, M&A and corporate restructurings, as well as general corporate governance and compliance issues.
Your contacts in Capital markets & listed entities
Our boardroom practice covers all aspects of corporate and financial law, from advice on board procedures to issues arising in takeover situations, as well as preparing corporate policies, corporate governance charters and dealing codes, and assistance with shareholder engagement.
Our team also advises on sector-specific regulations, relevant listing rules, as well as fit and proper requirements and liability and risks for board members and senior management.
We have an excellent track record when it comes to assisting listed companies and are able to combine specialist expertise with exceptional transactional skills.
Our clients include listed companies and their legal counsel and corporate secretaries, shareholders and prospective investors (both Belgian and from abroad), board members and senior management, independent directors, as well as financial advisers, covering all areas of industry.
Some of our references:
- Aedifica: Aedifica’s successful public takeover bid for Hoivatilat (2020)
- Gilead Sciences: Gilead’s USD 5.1 billion transformative R&D collaboration with Galapagos (including a USD 1.5 billion equity investment) (2019)
- Aedifica: Aedifica’s EUR 418 million rights issue (2019)
- Warehouses De Pauw: WDP’s EUR 200 million ABB (2019)
- Xior Student Housing: Xior’s EUR 206 million rights issue (2019)
- Dexia: Dexia’s delisting from Euronext Brussels (2019)
- Leasinvest Real Estate: Leasinvest’s EUR 100 million private placement and listing of bonds (2019)
- Retail Estates: Retail Estates’ EUR 75 million private placement and listing of bonds (2019)
- Triple Living: Triple Living’s EUR 47 million private placement and listing of bonds (2019)
- Aedifica: Aedifica’s secondary listing on Euronext Amsterdam (2019)
- Various listed companies: assistance with the implementation of the new Belgian Code of Companies and Associations, in particular on strategic matters such as loyalty voting rights and governance structure
- Various listed companies: assistance with all aspects of the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR)
- Various listed companies: all aspects of optional dividend distributions
- Aedifica: Aedifica’s joint venture for its Apartment Buildings division (2018)
- Leasinvest Real Estate: Leasinvest’s EUR 84 million rights issue (2018)
- Eurocommercial Properties: Eurocommercial’s secondary listing on Euronext Brussels (2018)
- Retail Estates: Retail Estates’ EUR 123 million rights issue and secondary listing on Euronext Amsterdam (2018)
- Warehouses De Pauw: WDP’s EUR 100 million private placement of green bonds (2018)
- Ablynx: Sanofi’s public takeover bid for Ablynx (2018)
- Vastned: Vastned Retail’s public takeover bid for Vastned Retail Belgium (2018)
- Assistance to the Belgian State on the IPO-readiness of Belfius (2017)
- Various listed companies: preparation of a Board Preparedness Manual in case of a public takeover bid
- Ablynx: Ablynx’s USD 230 million IPO on Nasdaq (2017)
- Care Property Invest: CPI’s EUR 72 million rights issue (2017)
- Bain Capital Europe: Bain’s contemplated public takeover bid for Resilux (aborted, 2017)
- SIPEF: independent legal expert for the committee of independent directors on the USD 97 million rights issue (2017)
- BEVCO (Santo Domingo family): Belgian aspects of the combination of AB InBev with SAB Miller (2016)
- Xior Student Housing: Xior’s EUR 88 million IPO on Euronext Brussels (2015)
- Mithra Pharmaceuticals: Mithra’s EUR 72 million IPO on Euronext Brussels (2015)