Clients come to us for expert advice across the entire spectrum of corporate work, including public and private offerings, public takeovers and public-to-private transactions, complex joint ventures, M&A and corporate restructurings, as well as general corporate governance and compliance issues.
Your contacts in Capital markets & listed entities
Our boardroom practice covers all aspects of corporate and financial law, from advice on board procedures to issues arising in takeover situations, as well as preparing corporate policies, corporate governance charters and dealing codes, and assistance with shareholder engagement.
Our team also advises on sector-specific regulations, relevant listing rules, as well as fit and proper requirements and liability and risks for board members and senior management.
We have an excellent track record when it comes to assisting listed companies and are able to combine specialist expertise with exceptional transactional skills.
Our clients include listed companies and their legal counsel and corporate secretaries, shareholders and prospective investors (both Belgian and from abroad), board members and senior management, independent directors, as well as financial advisers, covering all areas of industry.
Some of our references
- Care Property Invest: CP Invest’s EUR 111 million rights issue (2023) and EUR 59.7 million ABB (2020).
- Warehouses De Pauw: WDP’s EUR 300 million ABB (2022), EUR 200 million ABB (2021), EUR 200 million ABB (2020) and EUR 100 million private placement of green bonds (2018).
- Adecco Group: Adecco’s acquisition of AKKA Technologies by way of the acquisition of a majority stake followed by a mandatory tender offer and squeeze-out (2022).
- Befimmo: assistance to AG Real Estate and AXA IM Alts, Befimmo’s largest shareholders, in the context of the voluntary public tender offer for Befimmo’s shares (2022).
- Retail Estates: Retail Estates’ EUR 55 million ABB (2022), EUR 75 million private placement and listing of bonds (2019) and EUR 123 million rights issue and secondary listing on Euronext Amsterdam (2018).
- Acacia Pharma Group: Acacia’s takeover by scheme of arrangement by Eagle Pharmaceuticals (2022) and EUR 30 million ABB (2020).
- Care-Ion: Care-Ion’s two consecutive ABBs of EUR 52 million and EUR 47 million (2022).
- Hyloris: Hyloris’ EUR 15 million ABB (2022) and EUR 62 million IPO (2020).
- Various listed companies: assistance with the creation and implementation of remuneration policies, including all aspects of variable and share based remuneration.
- Various listed companies: preparation of a board preparedness manual in case of a public tender offer.
- Nextensa: Leasinvest’s renunciation of its BE-REIT status, and business combination with Extensa (2021); Leasinvest’s EUR 100 million private placement and listing of bonds (2019) and EUR 84 million rights issue (2018).
- Ekopak: Ekopak’s direct listing on Euronext Brussels and EUR 50 million private placement (2021).
- Xior Student Housing: Xior’s EUR 178 million rights issue (2021), EUR 54 million ABB (2020)
- Fortress Investment Group: Fortress’ EUR 30 million equity investment in Celyad Oncology (2021).
- Materialise: Materialise’s USD 96 million US public offering (2021).
- 3d investors: 3d’s voluntary public tender offer for Zenitel (2021).
- Aedifica: Aedifica’s EUR 459 million rights issue (2020), EUR 206 million ABB (2020), public tender offer for Hoivatilat (2020), secondary listing on Euronext Amsterdam (2019) and joint venture for its apartment buildings division (2018).
- SFPI/FPIM and Sabena Aerospace: mandatory tender offer for SABCA, followed by a squeeze-out, by Blueberry, a joint venture between SFPI/FPIM and Sabena Aerospace (2020).
- Calliditas Therapeutics: Calliditas Therapeutics’ acquisition of a controlling interest in Genkyotex SA, followed by a mandatory tender offer and a subsequent squeeze-out (2020-2021).
- Gilead Sciences: Gilead’s USD 5.1 billion transformative R&D collaboration with Galapagos (including a USD 1.5 billion equity investment) (2019).
- Dexia: Dexia’s delisting from Euronext Brussels (2019).
- Triple Living: Triple Living’s EUR 47 million private placement and listing of bonds (2019).
- Eurocommercial Properties: Eurocommercial’s secondary listing on Euronext Brussels (2018).
- Ablynx: Sanofi’s public tender offer for Ablynx (2018) and Ablynx’s USD 230 million IPO on Nasdaq (2017).
- Vastned: Vastned Retail’s public tender offer for Vastned Retail Belgium (2018).