State-owned enterprises and other government-affiliated entities often operate within a particular legal framework and have to deal with highly specific questions and challenges. Eubelius has focused on this area for years and has developed unique expertise in this highly specialised field. Our State-owned enterprises team has an unrivalled capacity for quickly and efficiently devising integrated solutions to complex interdisciplinary questions.
Your contacts in State-owned enterprises
Some of our references
- Assistance to numerous state-owned enterprises and other public entities with respect to the impact of the new Belgian Code of Companies and Associations.
- Assistance to various state-owned enterprises and other public entities with respect to the regulatory framework as well as the liberalisation of their sector.
- Assistance to the Belgian State in the negotiations on the lifetime extension of the Doel 4 and Tihange 3 nuclear power plants.
- Assistance to the European Innovation Council Fund with equity or convertible debt investments in more than 62 transactions across 14 jurisdictions.
- Assistance to the Flemish agency “Wonen Vlaanderen” with the reform of the social housing sector and the merger of the social housing companies and social renting offices into housing companies (drafting legislative texts, legal assistance before the Constitutional Court and the Council of State).
- Assistance to skeyes with the closing of a framework agreement with SOWAER for the establishment of a first digital tower centre in Namur.
- Assistance to skeyes in setting up various subsidiaries and joint ventures such as EPNB and SkeyDrone as well as the investment of Brussels Airport Company in SkeyDrone.
- Assistance to the NMBS/SNCB group in the incorporation of the project company Wetenschapspark Leuven Noord together with the City of Leuven and KU Leuven.
- Assistance to NMBS/SNCB in the privatisation of NMBS Logistics (currently Lineas), from the entry of a private shareholder to the sale of NMBS/SNCB’s last 10% participation.
- Assistance to SFPI-FPIM and Sabena Aerospace in the acquisition of SABCA from Dassault Belgique Aviation.
- Assistance to the Flemish Government and PMV with the creation of the Flanders Future Techfund as a BV.
- Assistance to an autonomous public enterprise in respect of the squeeze-out in a subsidiary as well as the merger of various subsidiaries.
- Advice to various state-owned enterprises and other public entities on corporate governance.
- Assistance regarding the creation of the new public institution Sciensano, with a particular focus on personnel-related matters.
- Assistance to the Port of Antwerp in respect of the acquisition of NMP/SNTC.
- Assistance to NMBS/SNCB in respect of the privatisation of Transurb.
- Advice to the Federal Government and FPIM-SFPI on the strategic options for Belfius.
- Advice on the Federal Government’s shareholder model and assistance in establishing a management contract.
- Assistance in the implementation of the reform of the legal status of Proximus and bpost under the Act of 21 March 1991 on the reform of certain autonomous public enterprises.
- Assistance in the establishment and/or reform of various externally privatised agencies in the form of companies at the Flemish Region level.
- Assistance in the potential reform of a group of state-owned enterprises from the perspective of ESA neutrality.
- Assistance in the reorganisation of the former NMBS/SNCB Group into a dual structure.
- Assistance to the three Regions in the establishment of Viapass as an interregional legal entity, as part of wider assistance provided to the Regions in the development and implementation of a kilometre-based charging system for lorries.
- Assistance in the transformation of an autonomous public enterprise into a purely private company, in particular with regard to personnel matters.
- Assistance in the initial public offerings of Proximus and bpost.