Eubelius has a leading life sciences practice on the Belgian market, providing a full range of services at all stages of the corporate life-cycle, from start-up and growth to trade sale/IPO and beyond, and to all stakeholders: financial investors, IP providers, founders/management team, and the venture itself.
Your contacts in Life sciences
The members of our Life sciences team can draw on their solid experience and multidisciplinary expertise as legal counsel to life sciences companies and their stakeholders. We truly understand the key issues that will need to be addressed when growing from a young life sciences company into a listed company or a target company for big pharma, and we are uniquely placed to assist with such challenges.
Some of our references
- Assistance to the European Innovation Council Fund with investments in more than 30 companies (including S-Biomedic) (2021-2022).
- Assistance to V-Bio Ventures with the lauch of the EUR 78 million V-Bio Fund 2, the EuVECA application and the third closing of V-Bio Fund 2 (2021-2022).
- Assistance to LSP Hef 2 in the EUR 12 million series A financing round of Nobi (2022).
- Assistance to Rejuveron Life Sciences AG Vesalius Biocapital III S.C.A. SICAR in the EUR 15 million series B financing round of Rejuvenate Biomed (2021).
- Assistance to Damier Group with the acquisition of Dr. Organic (2021).
- Assistance to International Horizon Scanning Initiative ICZW/AISBL in the development of a joint "horizon scanning" system (searching for (pharmaceutical) products in development with an important financial and clinical impact) and the establishment of an international not-for-profit vehicle (2021-2022).
- Assistance to Damier Group with the acquisition of Cooper Consumer Healthcare in partnership with CVC (2021).
- Assistance to Calliditas Therapeutics with the acquisition of a 62.7% interest in Genkyotex, followed by a mandatory public takeover bid and a squeeze-out bid for the shares of the minority shareholders of Genkyotex (2020-2021).
- Assistance to Hyloris Pharmaceuticals in a EUR 62 million IPO and listing on Euronext Brussels (2020).
- Assistance to Soros Economic Development Fund in the context of the EUR 70 million series C financing of Univercells (2020).
- Assistance to Acacia Pharma Group in a EUR 30 million capital increase through an accelerated bookbuild offering with institutional investors (2020).
- Assistance to Crédit Mutuel Innovation and Debiopharm Innovation Fund with the investment in Oncomfort (2020).
- Assistance to Gilead Sciences in the framework of a ten-year worldwide R&D collaboration with Galapagos (the biggest equity investment transaction in Belgium in recent years) (2019).
- Assistance to Vision Healthcare in the context of its EUR 35 million capital increase (2019).
- Assistance to the new investors in the EUR 64 million series B financing round of iTeos Therapeutics (2018).
- Assistance to Ablynx in the context of the hostile approach by Novo Nordisk and the subsequent EUR 3.9 billion public tender offer by Sanofi (2018).