Eubelius' energy team of leading attorneys covers all aspects of energy law and projects, including administrative, environmental, real estate and contracting law, as well as corporate, European and competition law. We advise our clients in connection with a broad range of energy law issues and provide them with transactional and (pre-)litigation assistance in this field.
Your contacts in Energy
The energy team assists and represents a diverse range of clients, both national and international, including producers, transmission and distribution system operators, energy suppliers, project developers, banks and industrial energy consumers.
We cover traditional energy sectors, such as electricity and gas, water and nuclear energy, and have developed particular expertise in relation to renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind energy (both onshore and offshore), biomass, biofuel and cogeneration. We have also specific expertise in the field of heating networks.
We advise on the European, Belgian and regional regulatory framework and on transactions in the energy field and assist in their implementation. We structure projects, draft and negotiate contracts, and assist our clients in their implementation and (enforced) performance. We have a broad network of technical and financial advisers with whom we closely cooperate in order to offer our clients an integrated approach. In addition, we have extensive experience in providing advice to energy market players on their most complex and important M&A transactions.
Some of our references
Advice on the possibilities for developing, constructing and operating an electricity grid at an industrial site.
- Advice on the possibilities for developing, constructing and operating a closed distribution grid at a business park.
- Drafting and review of power purchase agreements, sale/purchase contracts for green certificate agreement, sale/purchase contracts for CO2 allowances and sale contracts for thermal energy.
- Assistance in connection with the development and construction of several major biomass power plants.
- Assistance with regard to the development and construction of various thermal energy networks, both on industrial sites and on residential/commercial sites.
- Assistance with regard to the development, conversion and construction of a gas-fired power plant.
- Assistance with regard to the development and construction of a water treatment plant.
- Assistance to a market player during the acquisition of a pipeline network for industrial gases and products for the petrochemical industry.
- Advice on the possibility for municipalities to participate in energy production companies.
- Advice regarding the European, federal and regional legal framework for public service obligations and consumer law.
- Industrial consumer advice with regard to State aid for renewable energy.
- Advice on the development and deployment of deep geothermal energy in the Flemish Region.
- Advice and assistance to a transmission system operator as part of the certification process and unbundling requirements.
- Advice to an investment fund with regard to unbundling requirements.
- Assistance to industrial consumers in connection with the construction of wind turbines and the placement of photovoltaic systems in the Flemish and Walloon Regions.
- Assistance to onshore and offshore wind turbine developers with regard to all contractual aspects.
- Assistance to an energy supplier during the acquisition of a competing energy supplier.
- Assistance to a transmission system operator during the acquisition of a foreign transmission system operator.
- Assistance to a supplier during a dispute about the sale of green certificates.
- Advice on energy performance contracts and their creation.
- Assistance in connection with the transfer of a pipeline network in Belgium.
- Advice to industrial consumers on the legal status of their electricity lines.
- Advice to a project developer on the evolution of the policy in support of renewable energy sources.
- Assistance in the drafting of thermal energy supply agreements.
- Advice to an inter-municipal cooperative on the possibility of sharing energy on an industrial site and in industrial buildings.
- Assistance in the drafting of an electricity agreement for a decentralised production plant.
- Assistance in the drafting of an agreement on the sale of green certificates.
- Assistance in connection with the acquisition of an industrial gases business.
- Advice to a producer of renewable energy regarding direct lines.
- Drafting of legislation on a tender mechanism for offshore energy projects.
- Assistance in connection with the transfer of an energy services company.
- Advice on and assistance in connection with the purchase of a wind turbine.