Eubelius' energy team of leading attorneys covers all aspects of energy law and projects, including administrative, environmental, real estate and contracting law, as well as corporate, European and competition law. We advise our clients in connection with a broad range of energy law issues and provide them with transactional and (pre-)litigation assistance in this field.
Your contacts in Energy
The energy team assists and represents a diverse range of clients, both national and international, including producers, transmission and distribution system operators, energy suppliers, project developers, banks and industrial energy consumers.
We cover traditional energy sectors, such as electricity and gas, water and nuclear energy, and have developed particular expertise in relation to renewable energy sources, such as solar and wind energy (both onshore and offshore), biomass, biofuel and cogeneration. We have also specific expertise in the field of heating networks.
We advise on the European, Belgian and regional regulatory framework and on transactions in the energy field and assist in their implementation. We structure projects, draft and negotiate contracts, and assist our clients in their implementation and (enforced) performance. We have a broad network of technical and financial advisers with whom we closely cooperate in order to offer our clients an integrated approach. In addition, we have extensive experience in providing advice to energy market players on their most complex and important M&A transactions.
Some of our references:
- Advice regarding the European, federal and regional legal framework for public service obligations and consumer law
- Industrial consumer advice with regard to State aid for renewable energy
- Advice on the development and deployment of deep geothermal energy in the Flemish Region
- Advice and assistance for a transmission system operator as part of the certification process and unbundling requirements
- Advice to an investment fund with regard to the unbundling requirements
- Assistance for industrial consumers for the construction of wind turbines and the placement of photovoltaic systems in the Flemish and Walloon Regions
- Assistance for onshore and offshore wind turbine developers with regard to all contractual aspects
- Assistance for an energy supplier during the acquisition of a competing energy supplier
- Assistance for a transmission system operator during the acquisition of a foreign transmission system operator
- Assistance for a supplier during a dispute on the sale of green certificates
- Advice on energy performance contracts and their creation
- Assistance with the transfer of a pipeline network in Belgium
- Advice to industrial consumers on the legal status of their electricity lines
- Advice to a project developer on the evolution of the policy in support of renewable energy sources