- Individual labour relations
- Litigation and social inspections
- Social security
- Self-employed status and management contracts
- Employment law in the public sector
- Start-ups, restructurings, mergers & acquisitions
- Well-being at work, equal treatment and privacy issues at the workplace
- Compensation and benefits
- Collective labour relations
- Social elections 2020
Employees are a key asset in professional organisations. Employment conditions tailored to the business needs, stable social dialogue, flexibility, well-being – these and other factors are vitally important for business continuity and attracting and retaining the right personnel. As employment legislation has become increasingly complex, HR management has become more challenging.
Our employment team advises clients regarding all aspects of employment and social security law, with a focus on strategic legal HR advice and representation in settlements and litigation.
Your contacts in Employment
We work for private sector employers (profit and non-profit), public sector employers, public authorities and institutions, and (groups of) private individuals.
The experience of our team and the nature of our client base ensure that our attorneys truly have their finger on the pulse and are thoroughly familiar with market practices and state-of-the-art solutions.
We see employment law not as an isolated discipline but as a full part of business law: for complex matters, our cross-team collaboration provides clients with direct added value. Some key examples here are criminal issues in the context of employment and pensions, intellectual property matters arising within the employment relationship or privacy on the work floor. We have gained particular expertise in employment matters for public sector personnel, which are handled in close collaboration with the public & administrative law team, making Eubelius a unique resource in this field. In employment matters such as remuneration, benefits and pensions (handled by our pensions team), we often call upon the specialist skills of our Tax team, Corporate and M&A team and Banking & Finance team.
We advocate a practical and pragmatic approach to problem solving, underpinned by a clear, timely analysis of all the relevant legal issues. We have built up broad experience in court proceedings before the labour courts and other courts, including representing clients before the Constitutional Court and administrative courts.
Some of our references:
- Drafting tailor-made individual employment agreements and collective labour agreements, work regulations and company policies for various companies.
- Advising international companies on employing personnel in Belgium.
- Assisting various companies in the entire process of collective dismissal, closure of business, mergers and acquisitions, and transfer of undertaking.
- Assisting employers and individuals in dismissals and negotiations, settlements and litigation before labour courts.
- Assisting companies, individuals and public institutions in negotiations, settlements and litigation in the field of equal treatment of workers and non-discrimination.
- Assisting and advising companies in preparing and organising social elections, establishing (European) social representative bodies and organising (European) social dialogue.
- Assisting and representing employers with regard to social inspections.
- Advising various public entities and authorities on employment, social security matters and fundamental social rights, and representing them in legal proceedings, including before the European Courts, the Constitutional Court and the Council of State.
- Assisting the Belgian Federal and Regional Governments in drafting legislation (labour law, social security law and public sector restructurings).
- Our special assistance in 2019–2020: social elections.