Our multidisciplinary team of leading attorneys with a background in pension and social security law and corporate & insurance regulation covers all issues that arise in the area of pensions and benefits.
The pensions team advises and represents a broad range of clients such as private sector employers, public authorities, not-for-profit organisations, pension funds and insurance companies, as well as private individuals and groups of individuals.
Your contacts in Pensions
We have extensive experience with the Belgian supervisory authority (the Financial Services and Markets Authority - FSMA), both as a result of frequently representing clients before the FSMA and based on in-depth familiarity with the functioning of the Authority.
Eubelius is an active member of PensioPlus. Members of our pensions team are regular speakers at conferences and seminars and also deliver training sessions.
Some of our references:
- Assisting a pension fund in complying with IORP II.
- Assisting a pension fund and the employer in complying with pension legislation and discussions with FSMA.
- Representation of pension fund directors in an actio mandati brought against them.
- Advice to private and public sector employers regarding discrimination issues related to supplementary pension schemes, and representation in court.
- Representation in court regarding State liability related to the insolvency of a group insurance company.
- Advice to a federal institution regarding the reform of statutory pensions for civil servants.
- Representation of employers in court regarding alleged discrimination in occupational pensions.
- Drafting of pension rules for a public enterprise in the transport sector.
- Representation of a company in arbitration proceedings regarding gender discrimination in an occupational pension plan after the sale of the business.
- Drafting and amending the articles of association of a pension fund, taking into account new legislation and corporate governance requirements.
- Legislative work regarding transfer of the statutory pension liabilities of public sector enterprises to the Belgian State.
- Advice regarding the harmonisation of occupational pension plans.
- Advice regarding the transfer of the pension liabilities of an insurer to a pension fund.
- Due diligence regarding the supplementary pension schemes of companies in several business sectors.
- Advice regarding the transfer of pension schemes in the framework of several mergers and acquisitions.
- Advice on a pan-European pension fund.
- Representation of more than 100 affiliates against their former employer and pension fund in a case concerning wrongful interpretation of pension plan rules.