In October 2017, Ablynx and Care Property Invest successfully completed their public capital increases. Eubelius acted as legal advisor to the issuer in both transactions: a Nasdaq IPO of a biopharmaceutical and a rights issue of a BE-REIT. Eubelius has been assisting Ablynx since its inception in 2001. Eubelius has been assisting CPI since 2011, in the framework of its transformation into a broad healthcare real estate player.
Ablynx and CPI thereby join the series of successful equity capital market (ECM) transactions in which Eubelius acted as issuer counsel during the first 10 months of 2017:
- Ablynx: USD 230 million IPO on Nasdaq
- Care Property Invest: EUR 72 million rights issue with priority allocation rights
- Xior Student Housing: EUR 84 million rights issue with priority allocation rights
- Mithra Pharmaceuticals: EUR 26 million private placement offering
- Aedifica: EUR 219 million rights issue with priority allocation rights
- SIPEF: independent legal expert for the committee of independent directors on the USD 97 million rights issue
This track record for 2017 to date clearly demonstrates that Eubelius is a first-tier advisor for ECM transactions by Belgian companies, with deep expertise in sectors such as life sciences and real estate.
Ablynx, a late-stage clinical biopharmaceutical company utilising its proprietary Nanobody® platform to develop treatments for a broad range of therapeutic indications with an unmet medical need, has completed its public offering of shares in the form of American Depositary Shares (ADSs) in the United States for an amount of USD 230 million (including the full exercise of the Greenshoe option).
The Eubelius team that advised Ablynx was composed of Lars Van Bever, Robin Van Gysel and Eva Milants.
Care Property Invest, the real estate investment trust (BE-REIT) specialised in health care real estate for the elderly and people with disabilities, has completed its public capital increase in cash with irreducible allocation rights in the framework of its growth plan for an amount of EUR 72 million.
The Eubelius team that assisted CPI was composed of Filip Jenné, Tim Van Moorhem, Joris De Wolf, Anthony Van Besien and Eva Milants.