We have widely recognised expertise in assisting family-owned business in dealing with ownership, succession and governance issues.
Family businesses are "different" in many ways. They encounter specific and complex problems due to the tension between family interests, interests of the individual family members, and the interests of the business itself. Relational and emotional factors are often key elements.
Our team advises and assists family businesses and families with a business, always keeping in mind their specific characteristics.
We have extensive experience with such aspects as:
- succession in family businesses
- governance of the family business (corporate governance adapted to the specific needs of the family business)
- family governance (family charter, family council, family forum)
- structuring of property ownership
- control structures
- conflicts between family shareholders