Eubelius is Belgium’s largest independent law firm with offices in Brussels, Kortrijk and Antwerp.
With 25 partners, 18 (senior) counsels and more than 100 associates, we offer unique expertise and experience in all areas of Belgian and European Business law.
A significant proportion of our work is cross-border and we have privileged relationships with outstanding independent law firms in many foreign jurisdictions.
Our client base is very diverse, ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to local entrepreneurs, a large number of companies with public law status and numerous Belgian companies which are part of large international groups.
To reinforce our team in Brussels, we are looking for a Competition attorney.
Are you triggered by the idea joining one of Belgium’s most reputed law firms? Do you want work in a challenging environment with a unique atmosphere? Then you might be the perfect match for Eubelius.
As a Competition attorney, you will, among other responsibilities:
- represent clients in proceedings before the Belgian and European courts. Our Competition team handles a broad array of disputed matters, including appeals against cartel decisions and fines imposed by competition authorities before the Brussels Court of Appeal and the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- help clients in planning and implementing a wide range of agreements (such as distribution, agency, R&D, joint production, specialisation, licensing, and franchising agreements) in a manner that complies with the competition rules. Our team also assists clients who wish to develop an exclusive or selective distribution system or want to check whether their current system is compliant with the competition rules, in particular in light of the increasing importance of e-commerce and the ensuing rights and obligations for suppliers and distributors.
- represent clients in infringement proceedings before the European Commission and the Belgian Competition Authority, both in cartel related matters and on issues relating to abuse of a dominant position (e.g. discriminatory pricing, refusal to deal, essential facilities claims). The representation includes assistance in connection with “dawn raids”, requests for information, responses to statements of objections, access to and analysis of the case file, and, where applicable, submission of leniency applications, negotiation of commitments or settlement discussions.
- work closely together with our Corporate and M&A team in assisting clients in national and international mergers, acquisitions, and the setting up of joint ventures. Our practice covers merger control and foreign direct investment regimes.
- counsel and represent clients in connection with the review by the European Commission of subsidies, tax rulings, recapitalisations and other rescue and restructuring aid, loan guarantees, etc. This includes notification of new aid measures to the Commission, assistance in formal investigations and recovery of aid. You will help clients to structure their transactions with all kinds of government entities in compliance with the State aid rules.
- You have a Belgian law degree with strong academic results;
- You have gained experience in and/or you are passionate about competition law;
- Eager to learn, you want to take your knowledge to the next level;
- Your native language is Dutch or French and you have excellent knowledge (both written and spoken) of the other language and English.
- Not afraid to take on responsibility, you are a real team player and a good communicator.
What we offer
Eubelius offers a warm, challenging environment with ample training opportunities.
We offer competitive remuneration and stimulate personal growth.