Eubelius is Belgium’s largest independent law firm, with offices in Brussels, Kortrijk and Antwerp.
With 24 partners, 14 (senior) counsels and more than 100 associates, we offer unique expertise and experience in all areas of Belgian and European business law.
A significant proportion of our work is cross-border and we have privileged relationships with outstanding independent law firms in many foreign jurisdictions.
Our client base is very diverse, ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to local entrepreneurs and SMEs, a large number of companies with public law status and numerous Belgian companies which are part of large international groups.
To reinforce our team in Brussels, we are looking for an attorney who is passionate about litigation in the areas of distribution contracts, consumer law and market practices.
Are you motivated by the idea of joining one of Belgium’s most reputed law firms? Do you want to work in a challenging environment with a unique atmosphere? Then you might be the perfect match for Eubelius.
You will be involved in advice and legal proceedings regarding all aspects related to distribution contracts, consumer protection, unfair market practices and complex topics of commercial law.
Your mission and main responsibilities will be:
- Advising companies and representing them before the courts in disputes regarding, for example, advertising, (online) promotions, unfair competition, refusal to sell, lotteries and games of chance, unfair contract terms and online trade;
- Counselling on contractual issues, setting up and organising distribution networks in a Belgian or pan-European context;
- Assisting in the negotiation of business transactions and the settlement of commercial disputes;
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on all kinds of commercial contracts, such as exclusive sales concessions, commercial agencies, commission contracts, franchising and licensing agreements, general conditions for the sale and purchase of goods, service and collaboration contracts;
- Contributing to the drafting of important legislation in the area of commercial practices and consumer protection.
Our multidisciplinary dossiers will give you the opportunity to work with our different practice groups.
We assist clients in all kinds of sectors, from consumer retail and the construction industry to the pharmaceutical, telecom, financial and food sectors.
You have a Belgian law degree with strong academic results. Dutch is your mother tongue, and you have good knowledge of French and English. You are a strong communicator who likes to write and a real team player.
What we offer
Eubelius offers a warm, challenging environment with ample training opportunities and a focus on personal development. We offer competitive remuneration and support a healthy work-life balance.