Eubelius is Belgium’s largest independent law firm with offices in Brussels, Kortrijk and Antwerp.
With 24 partners, 14 (senior) counsels and more than 100 associates, we offer unique expertise and experience in all areas of Belgian and European business law.
A significant proportion of our work is cross-border and we have privileged relationships with outstanding independent law firms in many foreign jurisdictions.
Our client base is very diverse, ranging from Fortune 500 multinationals to local entrepreneurs, a large number of companies with public law status and numerous Belgian companies which are part of large international groups.
Companies and organisations are finding more and more opportunities and challenges in new technologies. The dynamic and multidisciplinary team at Eubelius helps them to tackle all legal issues of the digital world.
To reinforce our team in Brussels, we are looking for an attorney passionate about data protection law and digitalisation
Are you motivated by the idea of joining one of Belgium’s most reputed law firms? Do you want work in a challenging environment with a unique atmosphere? Then you might be the perfect match for Eubelius.
As a Digital & data protection attorney, you will, among other responsibilities:
- Assist national and international companies/groups in developing global platforms to share anonymised real-world evidence data.
- Offer compliance services for several Belgian and multinational companies in various sectors, including setting up policy frameworks including privacy and cookie policies, retention policies, data breach notification policies, record of processing activities, data subject request policies, data processing agreements, data protection impact assessments, data transfer impact assessments, etc., and ad hoc advice on specific questions arising from GDPR and Belgian data protection law.
- Advise on the interplay between the second Payment Services Directive and the GDPR and possibilities for data sharing.
- Give strategic advice regarding the complexities of (intragroup) international data transfers.
- Advise on the use of trust services such as eSignatures and eArchiving.
- Give emergency advice on communication and legal obligations following data breaches and, in particular, ransomware attacks; provide support with notifications to the supervisory authorities and data subjects.
- Offer risk assessments for a new disruptive IoT-based product offerings, and assistance with contracting strategy.
- Handle disputes before the Belgian Data Protection Authority following complaints in data protection matters and before the Constitutional Court and Conseil d’Etat regarding data protection safeguards in legislative documents.
- Deal with litigation in contractual disputes including liability due to defective IT products and exit issues.
For complex matters, you will work closely together with other teams (public law, corporate law, criminal law, …).
You have a Belgian law degree with strong academic results.
You have gained experience in and/or you are passionate about new technologies.
Eager to learn, you want to take your knowledge to the next level.
Your native language is Dutch or French and you have excellent knowledge (both written and spoken) of the other language and English.
Not afraid to take on responsibility, you are a real team player and a good communicator.
What we offer
Eubelius offers a warm, challenging environment with ample training opportunities.
We offer competitive remuneration and stimulate personal growth.